Content Strategy is a discipline that deals with the who, what, where, when and why of your content. It includes things like:
- branding (your company and content’s unique value proposition, who the hell you are and why someone would want to do business with you)
- content life cycle (who writes it, how long it will stay up)
- information architecture (how content is arranged)
- usability (how easy it is to use)
- Finally, for big honkin’ reams of content, we get to talking about things like taxonomies (methods of classifying data).
Besides knowing content, I also know and can speak the language of the tech behind websites. I used to write training and technical manuals, and guided the engineers to build things right, not just make me “write around it in documentation.”