A problem solver masquerading as a content person. Loves a good dry cappuccino.
My apartment complex’s communication is TERRIBLE. We either get confusing communication, or zero communication. When I left my apartment earlier today. I saw these cones. Had I received any communication as to what is happening? Nope. Do I know why there won’t be any parking? Is it the whole complex or just one area? I happened to find a fellow putting out the signs and he told me they would be paving the parking lot. (There are multiple parking lots). I had more questions but he had a “not my job” attitude. So this evening, communication finally came. It’s not the worst thing they’ve ever sent out, but it’s not initially clear that there are two phases of work being done. And you have to do a lot of looking at the map and back at the message to see when your building will be affected.
How Can I Make It Clearer?
My fixes to this will make it crystal clear:
- What the phases are
- When they are happening (date and time)
- Who is affected (by building number, because that’s how residents reference themselves at the complex)
- What they will have to do
We are excited to inform you that next week we will begin making repairs to all the parking areas and drive lanes at the Sunset Summit complex. Here are more details on what’s being done.
Phase One: Asphalt Repairs to Drive Lanes
- When: July 25-26, 9am-5pm
- Do I have to move my car? No, not if it’s in a carport or guest spots. If it’s parked in the drive lanes along the curbs, it will need to be moved.
- Caution: Be cautious of work taking place during the day, and watch for any coned off areas and/or signage.
Phase Two: Sealcoat and Striping
During this phase we’ll be sealcoating all the property asphalt and doing fresh stripes. This work will be done in three sections on three separate days, from 7am to 7pm on each day. ALL cars will need to be moved from the affected section during this phase.
- August 1: Buildings 100 and 200, and the road to the east entrance (Miller Road) (yellow on map)
- August 3: Buildings 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 (green)
- August 5: Buildings 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200 and Office/Pool. (blue) NOTE: The west entrance will not be accessible.
Do I have to move my car? YES. Your car will be towed (at your expense) if you don’t move it out of the section being worked on that day.
Plan ahead and either park your car in one of the sections NOT being worked on in the complex the night before, or be sure to leave before 7 am. You will still be able to access your apartment on foot.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience. If you should have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the leasing office at [number]